The many uses of rosewater for health, skin and body
Rosewater offers a wide range of health, skin and body care benefits, reason why many cosmetics include it in their products. To begin with, its pleasing fragrance, antiseptic and antibacterial properties make it appealing to use. Here are its various benefits:
Rosewater benefits for overall health:
- Rosewater is a mood upper that relieves one of depression and stress.
- Drinking rosewater also helps get over problems like constipation, bloating and upset stomachs.
- A drink of rosewater helps one get over a flu, sore throat and cold. It helps relieve respiratory problems as rosewater is also bronchodilator in nature.
- If your nerves are frazzled, drinking rosewater helps calm them.
- If you suffer from inflammation or fluid retention, drinking rosewater can help eliminate the feeling.
Rosewater benefits for the skin:
- For over oily skin, rosewater helps to get rid of excessive oil and maintain the skin’s pH balance.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of rosewater helps to eliminate eczema, acne and dermatitis and reduce skin irritation.
- It is also a good cleanser and helps remove dirt and oil that accumulate in clogged pores.
- Rosewater also helps to keep the skin moisturized, and revitalizes the skin, thereby refreshing.
- Being antibacterial in nature, rosewater can be relied upon to heal cuts, scars and wounds.
- It is antioxidant in nature which helps it to make skin cells stronger and regrow skin tissues.
- Rosewater also cleans pores and tones the skin due to its excellent astringent quality. It can also tighten capillaries and reduce inflammation.
- Rosewater has very good moisturizing and nourishing properties due to which it can improve hair quality. It can also treat any inflammation of the scalp and dandruff. It is also a natural conditioner and stimulates hair growth.
- Having a few drops of rose water on your pillow before you go to bed can make you sleep well and wake up refreshed.
- It also prevents the skin from aging and keeps wrinkles and fine lines at bay.
Rosewater benefits for the body:
- Rosewater is a decongestant and anti-inflammatory. This toner also helps to ease fatigue at the end of a hard day’s work. It also takes away under eye dark circles.
- By applying a compress of rosewater, it can get rid of a headache.
- It is rich in Vitamin C which synthesizes collagen and protects the skin from the skin-damaging effects of free radicals.
- On the whole, it is very relaxing.
- It gets rid of all skin blemishes like dark spots, wrinkles and stretch marks.
- It also prevents hair loss by enhancing blood circulation to the hair shaft and strengthens hair follicles.
- It is a very good skin toner that also helps to firm up the skin, due to the presence of Vitamins B and E.
- It is also very good for getting rid of acne, skin ulcers and sores.
Rosewater has many benefits for the skin, body and overall health. Why don’t you get yourself a bottle of this all-rounder?