The All Progressives Congress (APC) is leading in the legislative rerun election in Rivers state, while there are controversies in areas where the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is performing well. A total of 21 seats were contested in the election – three in the senate, eight at the house of representatives and 10 at the state house of assembly. So far, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has released the result of one senatorial district, three federal constituencies and five state constituencies, making nine in all. Of the nine, TheCable has been able to compile seven results. PDP has won two seats, while its opponent has won the remaining five.
- In Okrika Ogu/Bolo federal constituency, Okwulehie Ikechukwu, the returning officer, declared Gogo Tamuno of the PDP winner, saying he polled 11,668 votes to defeat Maureen Tamuno of the APC, who secured 5,995 votes.
- In Khana/Gokana federal constituency, Maurice Pronen polled 68,219 votes to defeat Dumnamene Dekor, his PDP opponent, who secured 20,329 votes.
- With 48,760 votes, Barry Mpigi of the APC defeated Jacobson Nbina of the PDP rival, who had 11,737 votes in Tai/Oyigbo/Eleme federal constituency.
- In Khana state constituency 2, Friday Nkeeh of the APC defeated Dinebari Loolo of the PDP. Nkeeh got 15,000 votes, while his opponent polled 4,000 votes.
- In Bonny state constituency, Abinye Pepple of the PDP polled 6,610 votes to defeat APC’s Henry Halliday, who came second with 2330 votes.
- With 24,624 votes, Innocent Barikor of APC won Gokana state constituency.
- While Magnus Abe of the APC secured 125,938 votes to defeat Olaka Nwogu of the PDP, who secured 25,394 votes in Rivers east senatorial district.
Official results of Rivers east and Rivers west senatorial districts are yet to be released, but results trickling in from the polling units show the PDP leading in the areas.
In Rivers east, results of all but two of the eight local governments, have been declared, with PDP winning.