Despite improvement in security in recent times in Lagos, some areas are still considered as dangerous. As a resident or visitor, you do not want to find yourself in these bus stations at night or early in the morning.
1. Estate Bus stop at Ketu-Alapere: Attacks are carried-out both day and night.
2. Berger bus stop (along OPIC–Ibadan Expressway): Criminals attack victims with guns on the long bridge and in traffic jams.
3. First Gate junction – Agidingbi: Robbery point.
4. Boundary Bus stop in Ajegunle: This is ‘one million boys’ gang territory where criminals attack passengers in vehicles.
5. Ijora Bus stop: Notorious spot for gang-rape; abduction in buses (popularly known as ‘one chance’.
6. Mile 2 Oke: Hammers, knives, guns are used to rob motorists in traffic jam
7. Church bus stop – Agboju Mile 2 (Badagry expressway): Haven for street urchins
8. Agric Bus stop – Mile 2: Notorious area for buried arms that are used for robbery operations in the area.
9. Abule-osu Bus Stop along Mile 2 – Badagry Expressway: Drivers conspire with thugs to attack victims
10. Apongbon Bus stop: Hotbed of ‘one-chance’ bus attacks.
11. School Bus stop, along Mba – Mile 2 road in Ajegunle: Use of jack-knives and other weapons on victims
12. Bamboo area along Oworonsoki – Ibadan Expressway: a dangerous spot about 100 meters from Alapere Housing Estate Bus stop.
13: Oshodi Oke Bridge: Oshodi Oke ‘boys’ are notorious for bag snatching, pickpocketing and mugging during rush hours.
14 Bolade Bus stop Oshodi: Bolade bus stop, once noted for chaos has improved since the facelift by Lagos State. But during rush hours and late nights, mugging is common.
15. Abule Egba Traffic Light: This bus stop is noted for violent mugging and dangerous street urchin who can forcefully take your belongings and even harm you.
16. Agboju Bus stop along Badagry Expressway: Notorious for car-jacking and robbery on the go.
17 Ajah Bus stop: Sporadic clashes often breaks among rival street urchins loyal to a ‘certain chief’ and over collection of toll from commercial bus drivers. Women are alleged to have been raped at night during such clashes.
18. Costain under Bridge: Costain under bridge is dangerous at night. Mugging is common in the area.
19. Okokomaiko and Agric Bus stop: The two bus stops are noted for car jacking, mugging and disappearances.
20. Iyana Iba Bus stop: For years, Iyana Iba has been noted for violent mugging, robbery and car jacking.