So far in this year 2016, the Oxford English dictionary have been updated 4 times (once for each quarter). According to daliymail.co.uk, A total of 1, 200 new words have been added to the numerous already existing. Some of the words added centres around internet activity, sexuality and a special tribute Roald Dahl. It will also interest you to know that the word of the year 2016 is xenophobia.
Listing the 1,200 words will be a tedious job but here are ten words that caught my attention. The new words included in the dictionary are;
1. YOLO: an acronym for You only live Once
2. Gender-fluid:not clearly or wholly male or female, unfixed gender identity
3. Clicktivism: the practice of signalling support for a political or social cause by means of the internet, through social media and online platforms.
4. Bracketology: the activity of predicting the participating teams in a tournament and the winners of a competition.
5. Moobs: usually prominent breasts on a man
6. Merica: America
7. Freemium: A business model especially on the internet where basic services are provided free of charge.
8. Non-apology: an insincere apology
9. Squee: representing a high squeaking sound produced by an animal, musical instrument.
10. Dahlesque: Resembling or characteristics of the works of Roald Dahl